Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino leaves in wake of Atlético title triumph

Gerardo Tata Martino, right, stands on the pitch after Barcelona lost their league crown
Gerardo Tata Martino, right, stands on the pitch after Barcelona lost their league crown. Photograph: Gustau Nacarino/Reuters
Coach Gerardo Martino says he is leaving Barcelona after a disappointing first season that ended with his team losing their Spanish league title in the season's final game.
The Argentinian manager says he has reached an agreement to cease being the coach after Barcelona were held 1-1 by Atlético Madrid, who were crowned as champions of Spain.
"I want to tell you that I have agreed with the club that I will no longer be Barcelona manager," said Martino. "I would like to thank everyone for trusting in me.
"I am sorry that we did not achieve the objectives that this club had been achieving year after year. I would like to thank absolutely e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sheer delight! Blurred Lines star Emily Ratajkowski makes beige underwear sexy in saucy new GQ shoot

10 facts about Obesity that will amaze you!

Exclusive! Who's pulling the purse strings at your club? The club-by-club to those really in charge in the Premier League