'I had a miscarriage on set': Kierston Wareing opens up about secret heartache and the real reason she left EastEnders

EastEnders star Kierston Wareing has revealed that she suffered a miscarriage while on the set of the BBC soap.
The 37-year-old actress, who is leaving the programme after a year, admitted that she was pregnant when she started her role as Kirsty Branning, and thought her situation may have put her job in jeopardy.
She told OK! Magazine: ‘It was supposed to be a year, but I was pregnant when I started on EastEnders – I thought I was going to lose the job.
'They said no I wasn’t, and I was going to do six months, then I had a miscarriage on set.’
Secret heartache: Kierston Wareing has revealed she tragically suffered a miscarriage while on the set of EastEnders
Secret heartache: Kierston Wareing has revealed she tragically suffered a miscarriage while on the set of EastEnders


The actress, who first appeared on screens last Christmas went on to admit that she has struggled with the fame that being on the show has brought her.

She said: 'It’s been really difficult – I didn’t realise people believe in these characters so much.
'When they meet me, girls say: "Oh God, you’re actually nice, my friend hates you." It’s hard not to take that personally.’
Concern: Kierston, who plays Kirsty Branning in the BBC soap, revealed she thought she may have lost her job for being pregnant when she began
Concern: Kierston, who plays Kirsty Branning in the BBC soap, revealed she thought she may have lost her job for being pregnant when she began
Kierston, who is leaving EastEnders after a new producer came on board and decided to shake up the cast, already has her next project lined up.
The full interview appears in this week's OK! magazine
The full interview appears in this week's OK! magazine
She will be starring in the epic new drama The Bible - which is rather a departure from her role on EastEnders.
Opening up about the part to OK! magazine, she said: ‘I play Delilah and I have feelings for Samson but I’m told by the Philistines to betray him.
'Delilah is devious, she’s seductive, she’s greedy. Elizabeth Hurley played her once so I’m flattered to think I am now. It’s been such a hit in the States.’
Discussing whether the religious aspect appealed to her at all, she said: ‘I went to a Catholic school and I’m wearing a cross that was blessed by a nun.
'I believe in something but I don’t religiously follow the Catholic rules, like no sex before marriage and no contraception. I’d like to look into Buddhism and study a bit of that.’
During Kierston’s time on EastEnders she has had a number of big storylines including pretending to be pregnant to keep Max, played by Jake Wood, interested in their marriage.
At the time the actress admitted that she thought her character’s behaviour was 'embarrassing'.
She said: 'I feel really embarrassed for her - imagine how the rest of the Square will react when it comes out that she lied? Mind you, Kirsty's got so much front, she might not care!'
Read the full story in this week's OK! Magazine - out today.
Moving on: Kierston has now signed up to star in epic new drama The Bible - a far cry from her role on Albert Square
Moving on: Kierston has now signed up to star in epic new drama The Bible - a far cry from her role on Albert Square.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sheer delight! Blurred Lines star Emily Ratajkowski makes beige underwear sexy in saucy new GQ shoot

10 facts about Obesity that will amaze you!

Exclusive! Who's pulling the purse strings at your club? The club-by-club to those really in charge in the Premier League